There’s nothing quite like getting lost in the soft flickering lights of a fire, knowing that with just one button you turn it off and walk inside your house. Gas is a cleaner fuel that won’t produce smoke or ash, meaning these tabletop gas Fire Pits are perfect for sheltered spaces close to the home.
Our pick of the best as fire pit tables to buy:
- Peaktop Outdoor 36-Inch Round Propane Gas Fire Pit – Top Rated Propane FirePit Table
- Peaktop UK Gas Fire Pit – Stylish Contemporary Fire Pit table
- Bond Woodleaf Fire Pit Table The Warmest and Cheapest Fire Pit Table
- CosiLoft 100 Lounge Table Fire Pit – Best Luxury Gas Fire Pit Dining Table
- Brightstar Arcturus Gas Fire Pit Table – Safest Gas Fire Pit Table
- Glow Warm 12kw Outdoor Portable Gas Fire Pit – Best Portable tabletop Fire Pit
1. Peaktop Outdoor 36-Inch Round Propane Gas Fire Pit – Top Rated Propane FirePit Table
- Easy to ignite
- 6kg Lava Rocks included
- Include PVC cover
More fire pit than table, the Peaktop Outdoor 36-Inch Round Propane Gas Fire Pit is, none the less, a top rated gas heater for a reason.
The 3 meter gas pipe means you can easily hide the gas bottle out of the way, even burying the pipe if you want to keep the illusion alive that this is a real fire pit.
It comes with 6kg of lava rocks which adds to the charm of this faux stone construction. You’d have to look real close to see that this is actually a slate finish. It has a 40,000 BTU which would not create enough heat to warm snowy winters, but perfect for cosy autumns and cool springs.
It’s one of the best propane fire pit tables because it’s cost efficient, both in price and how much gas it use, comes with a cover, and looks good on your patio.
- Easy to construct in under 10 minute
- Faux stones adds charm and real fire-pit look
- Comes with 3 meter pipe and screw type regulator
- Circular stone table great for drinks
- Safe for decking and patios
- Weatherproof cover free with every purchase
- Reasonably priced
- Won’t warm you up in real cold snowy winters
- More bar top than table top
2. Peaktop UK Gas Fire Pit – Stylish Contemporary Fire Pit table
- Stylish modern design
- Perspex glass spark screen
- Includes 6kg Lava Rocks
If you want your garden and patio to look as stylish as any catalogue, then the Peaktop UK Gas Fire Pit is for you. The light grey concrete look gives it an urban feel, and the sleep perspex glass creates a stylish protective barrier.
And it’s not just stylish either, the barriers ensure the flames keep flickering on those breezy night, whilst the easy to use controls give you adjustable flames so you can create just the right amount of heat and ambiance whilst entertaining.
A 3 meter hose ensure plenty of slack to hide those gas bottles. And, if you don’t mind spending a little extra, Peaktop also make matching gas canister storage boxes that double as extra tables for your patio. You also get a heavy duty waterproof cover to help protect your gas fire table during the bad weather.
- Stylish contemporary design
- Glass barrier protect the flames in windy evening
- 3 meter hose and regulator allows for room to hide the propane bottle
- You can buy a matching propane bottle storage
- Discreet control panel allows you to choose heat and settings
- Better for warm springs or cool summer evenings
3. Bond Woodleaf Fire Pit Table The Warmest and Cheapest Fire Pit Table
If you are not after style, but just want large flames to keep you warm (and an all in one unit to store the propane gas) then the Bond Woodleaf Fire Pit table is for you.
Standing at over 60cm in height, this FirePit Table is taller than most and that’s because the gas is nicely tucked in inside, to be used whenever you need it.
This is the best gas fire pit for heat as it boast an impressive 50,000 BTU and has multiple heat setting allowing you to heat your garden all year round.
When the fire is on, it’s not that useful as a table unless you are leaving hot mulled wine to stay warm, but the matching lid does turn it into a table for daytime hosting. The table includes lava rock and a PVC all weather cover.
- One of the best value for money fire pit table
- One of the best fire pit tables for warmth at 50,000 BTU
- Propane bottle hidden in the design
- Great for all seasons
- PVC Cover included
- Materials made of plastic
- Only a table when the fire is turned off
4. CosiLoft 100 Lounge Table Fire Pit – Best Luxury Gas Fire Pit Dining Table
- Adjustable flame settings
- Large table area
- Includes waterproof cover
If only the best will do, and you want to move swiftly from dinner to a glass of wine around the fire, then let us introduce you to the CosiLoft 100 Lounge Table Fire Pit.
Set relatively low, this is perfect for use with outdoor lounge furniture, and you can fit a small 5KG gas cylinder underneath, hidden stylishly away in the design of the table.
You get a powder coated black aluminium tubular frame that is sturdy and looks good in any garden. This Fire Pit Table has one meter by one meter dimension that comfortably allows 3 or 4 guests to put their plates down and enjoy some al fresco dinning.
Once your guest are done, you can simply lift the cover plate, and use the discreet control panels to light up the lava rock and ceramic logs, giving you a cozy glow to end your evening.
- Adjustable flame setting allows you choose your heat
- Stylish design makes it look like furniture rather than fire pit
- Comfortably warms up 4 people around the table
- Large enough to be place plates on the table, even with the fire on
- Discreet under the table compartment hides away the propane gas bottle
- When fire pit it not on, you can cover the plate and use the whole thing as a table throughout the year
- Waterproof cover included in the price
- Expensive – you are paying for style and ease
- For small intimate dinners and gathering
5. Brightstar Arcturus Gas Fire Pit Table – Safest Gas Fire Pit Table
- Stainless steel design
- Push button ignition
- Runs off LPG propane gas
No outdoor fire pit tables are completely safe, because there’s always an element of danger with fire. But the Brightstar Arcturus Gas Fire Pit Table may go some way towards making your feel a little more comfortable with the idea.
It produces flames in a star pattern, concentrating the flames towards the centre, giving this a natural look that is visually stunning, but easy to see so little hands won’t automatically head towards any open flames.
The brush polished stainless steel casing rarely gets too hot, so dogs or legs wont get burnt, though you still don’t want to press your hand against it for a long time.
But this is safest gas fire pit because it has a flame failure device that cuts the gas supply if the flames are extinguished for any reason. Meaning no sneaky gas leaks filling the air around you, without you knowing.
Add a 4 meter hose and a gas valves that easily and quickly adjust the flames and heat, and this urban looking tabletop gas fire pit is perfect for the safety conscious amongst you.
- Flame failure safety cut out means no gas leaks, ever
- Stainless steel casing means dogs and children won’t get burnt
- Natural looking flame
- 4 meter gas hose with regulator included
- Lever easily changes the heat setting
- All round heat warms up spaces fast like a real fire-pit
- Free all weather cover
- Made to order – long delivery time
- Expensive – you are paying for safety and looks
6. Glow Warm 12kw Outdoor Portable Gas Fire Pit – Best Portable tabletop Fire Pit
- Portable design
- Instant electric ignition
- Includes lava rocks
This is more of a Gas tabletop fire pit than a fire table. In other words, you are going to need a table to put this little portable gas fire pit with you, but on the bright side it’s small and easy to store.
Sometimes it’s ok to cheat if all you are looking for is warmth and a tabletop fire pit for s’mores. Plus it’s affordable, can be used in any camping expedition, and you can bring it with you if you’re going to get cold sitting outside your friends unheated patio.
It comes fully assembled and all you need to do is find a little propane bottle to connect it to. It probably won’t warm your fingers and your toes, but in a cosy sheltered nook, it will certainly take the chill away in the winter, and will more than warm up the surrounding air in the summer.
Better yet, with an 11kG patio gas bottle, you’ll get 12 -13 hours of adjustable heat and flames.
- Decent amount of heat for it’s size
- Cost effective way to warm up a dinning table at night
- Easy to store and put away
- Small tabletop fire pit, fully portable
- Comes with lava stones, 2 meter hose and propane regulator
- Can be placed on decking, patios or sand
- You need a table or surface to place this item
What are the best fire tables?
The best fire tables should provide warmth, ambiance and look good doing it. Our favourite is probably the CosiLoft 100 Lounge Table Fire Pit, but if you don’t have that kind of budget the Bond Woodleaf Fire Pit table is great for all-year round entertainment.
Do fire pit tables keep you warm?
All fire pit tables are designed to keep you warm. Not all fire pit tables will keep you warm all year around. Generally, fire pit tables are best to elongate your evenings in warm springs and cool summers, with some able to provide enough heat to keep you going through autumn.
Are fire tables dangerous?
Anything that has a live fire is dangerous. The added danger with fire tables is that you are playing with gas and fire. But, as long as you keep to the manufacturers settings and maintain your equipment, a fire table is no more dangerous than having a BBQ in your garden.
How do fire tables work?
Gas fire tables are either connect via the main gas lines (expensive and difficult to set up) or connect to a propane tank (far more common). The tank is connected with a hose to a burner, which releases propane gas at regular interval onto a spark that creates a fire – usually in a decorative setting such as lava rocks.
Can you roast marshmallows on a propane fire pit?
Absolutely. As long as it’s a fire, and the product doesn’t say explicitly that you can’t, then you can toast marshmallows. Just try and avoid dripping liquids into the gas holes.
Where can I put a propane fire pit?
Whilst propane fire pit don’t have smoke or ember, you are still talking about an open flame, so make sure you use it outside. It should be a minimum of 15 feet away from any standing structure, in a well ventilated space, on a non-flammable surface such as patios, gravel and sand.